Re: Timing issues with USB attached storage

On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 03:27:29PM +0000, John Klos wrote:

> Does USB have an immediate scan-and-report-back function? Can it report
> things that are there, but haven't finished initalizing? Should a reset at
> boot time have an additional delay?

The things aren't there but appear to be hot-plugged after some time.
Unfortuntely there isn't even a time limit for such devices.

Another problem is that if no root is found, we loop in a console
dialog with interrupts disabled.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost