Re: [sjg%crufty.net@localhost: 9.3 on BeagleBone white?]

On 6/10/22 07:50, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
----- Forwarded message from Simon Gerraty <sjg%crufty.net@localhost> -----

Is the NetBSD-9.3 armv7.img.gz expected to work on a BeagleBone white ?

I've had a quick look at some of the BeagleBone docs and I expect that image to work on the BeagleBone white. Please be aware that my opinion on the matter doesn't count for much.

I cannot get anything from the "console" (USB port), and while I see the
Ethernet interface lights, I see no network traffic.

The same board boots and runs FreeBSD ok (using image borrowed from a
BeagleBone black).

For FreeBSD the usb "console" runs at 115200 baud, I cannot see any mention
of speeds on https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/beaglebone/

The serial speed is almost certainly set by the firmware and not adjusted by the O/S, so it'll be 115200 baud for everything. It is 115200 baud on my BeagleBone black running NetBSD.

When you power on your board do you get the following (or similar) sent to the serial/USB console right away? Do you get anything on the serial console at all?

  U-Boot SPL 2018.03-00002-gac9cce7c6a (Apr 05 2018 - 13:07:46 -0500)
  Trying to boot from MMC2
  ** Unable to use mmc 0:1 for loading the env **
  Failed (-5)

If you aren't getting anything at all on the serial console from u-boot, then that will be your first problem to try and fix.

I also noticed that my BeagleBone black failed to cold boot NetBSD (once), but it warm booted NetBSD just fine after that.

Cheers,
Lloyd