Re: Getting lots of "message authentication code incorrect" disconnects

John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> writes:

> I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running 9.99.99, and I noticed that if I don't
> use compression when running X stuff like Firefox (102.0.1nb2) over
> ssh, I get lots of these:
>
> Bad packet length 258085140.
> ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 10.0.20.40 port 22: Connection corrupted

I have seen this problem in ssh, maybe only on earmv7hf-el, maybe also
on x86, occasionally, and less so recently.  I suspect that uncompressed
X is not the cause so much as lots of data, perhaps that starts and
stops (bulk scp seems not to trigger this).