Re: Booting BeagleBone Enhanced (update u-boot)

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 02:51:20PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:

> I definitely have not succeeded with u-boot 2018.11 and any version of NetBSD-current, even with pressing the boot select button to avoid whatever is on the MMC.  Even with 2018.11, though, mine attempts to boot via EFI.  I wonder if you are somehow avoiding EFI, even with. current and 2018.11.

I have removed bootarm.efi and put a uEnv.txt file on the SD card that
overrides the embedded logic.

Once I found that the embedded logic would e.g. look for a bootscript
(boot.scr) but that boot scripts are deprecated and disabled in that
u-boot version, I stopped searching for a sane configuration.

N.B. I believe boot scripts that are encoded into a binary blob
(boot.scr.uimg) will still work, but we haven't packaged the tools
to create them.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst