Re: NanoPI NEO and the NAS Dock

> On Apr 6, 2022, at 7:56 AM, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> chwalek%poczta.onet.pl@localhost (Pawel Chwalowski) writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a NanoPI NEO and the NAS Dock. I don't know how to run NAS Dock.
>
>> I found the file: src/sys/arch/arm/dts/overlays/sunxi-h3-h5-nanopi-neo-nas=
>> -dock.dts
>
>> I tried compiling the file and copying it to /boot/overlays. I =
>> have added dtoverlay=3Dsunxi-h3-h5-nanopi-neo-nas-dock.dtbo to config.=
>> txt=20
>> Unfortunately it does not work.
>

> The overlays must be merged with the main DTB. This is usually done
> by u-boot with the 'fdt apply' command.

You don't need to do this with u-boot.  In NetBSD-current, this is done using boot.cfg, which is processed by the the EFI boot loader (which is also used with u-boot).

In NetBSD-9, it was done with /etc/efiboot.plist.

So, Pawel, what version of NetBSD are you trying to use with the board?

-- thorpej