Re: serial console on Pi Zero W

Pouya Tafti <pouya+lists.netbsd%nohup.io@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 at 15:28 +0200, Pouya Tafti wrote:
>> # cu -s 115200 -f -l ttyU0
>> Connected
>>
>> and nothing after that.  Also tried -F none without success.
>
> I started suspecting the wires and replaced them.  It seems
> to work now, up to a point before it starts printing
> gibberish, but I guess that may be because my ttys are
> misconfigured.  Will experiment with those settings next.
>
> From boot messages:
> Starting virecover.
> Starting local daemons:.
> ªR¥*Vj«Z*jªÖi¬VJZ­QU¥QT媖ªµ¨µZµRþU-UV+Ū*UZUV­TµRþ¨µ¨U¥ÕUժ¡ª­ŪZµ-U­V

Speed shifting... due to the CPU speed changing...

If this is a "normal" install there may be a sysctl towards the end of
the boot that changes the speed of the CPU ...  it used to be that this
didn't matter, but more lately when this sysctl is done it messes with
the baud rate of the serial port.  You can get your messages, but you
have to remove that sysctl stuff (forgotten which.. might be in
/etc/rc.local)...  I suspect that there may be way to use a dtb to use
the full serial port and perhaps lose bluetooth or something, but it may
be worth it depending on your use case.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org