Re: RPI4 (8GB) + UEFI -> bricked?

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:52:06 -0700
Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:

> The first stage loader (presumably in mask ROM) is able to load the second stage loader (i.e. "VIC-20 mode" :-) from SPI just fine.  If I remove start4.elf from the ESP then I can watch the second stage loader cycle through the boot order:
>
> 	https://share.icloud.com/photos/07VV-jR8vYTJSBgkUJx5WI5KQ
>
> So it seems that it's the code in start4.elf that's going off the rails, and I'm just using the one that came with the UEFI bundle.

You should not see that screen at all. After it has loaded UEFI
firmware, it will instead show a full screen Raspberry PI logo with the
prompt below on both the HDMI ports and serial console.

ESC (setup), F1 (shell), ENTER (boot)...

I think your RPI has trouble reading the FAT partition itself.
I'm not sure how the prebuilt NetBSD images are laid out.
What I have on my SD card is ...

0: Primary DOS with 32 bit FAT - LBA (sysid 12)
    start 64, size 524224 (256 MB, Cyls 0-32/162/2)

... onto which I did newfs_msdos(8), unzipped the UEFI firmware,
installed /efi/boot/bootaa64.efi and nothing else.

-Tobias