NetBSD-current on Seagate Dockstar issue

Hi,

Several of my Seagate Dockstars have been running wonderfully for literally years. One has an uptime of a year and a half, so it's safe to say they're quite stable with NetBSD-7.

The hard drive attached to one failed, so I decided to try NetBSD-current, since v5 userland should be fixed after this:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2021/07/05/msg007354.html

However, a SHEEVAPLUG configuration file with mvsata*, mvsdio*, sdmmc*, ld*, atabus*, wd*, atapibus* and sbt* removed leads to a kernel that doesn't boot:

USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
reading netbsd.ub

6504976 bytes read
reading netbsd.ub

6504976 bytes read
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 02000000 ...
   Image Name:   NetBSD/sheevaplug 9.99.87
   Image Type:   ARM NetBSD Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    6504912 Bytes = 6.2 MiB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
(hangs here)

Has anyone else run NetBSD-9 or -current on a Dockstar or other Kirkwood system lately? Any suggestions?

John