Re: OpenGL applications segfault on startup

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021, nia wrote:

Some things to try:

- LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose

With this, glxgears segfaults only some of the time. Alacritty however seems to segfault each time.

$ env LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose alacritty
libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/bsiegert/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/bsiegert/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/bsiegert/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/bsiegert/.drirc: No such file or directory.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

- Building Mesa without ELF_TLS

Given the output above, I'd say that we are already using a version
without TLS, no? There is nothing in .../lib/modules/dri/tls on my
machine.

--
Benny