Re: netbsd-9, boot, EFI and device tree

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 08:19:11PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 06:42:19PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > The second issue (but not for this project) is that I need some
> > kernel command line parameters (console=xxx, root=yyy for example).
> > With u-boot loading netbsd.ub, I can set this in an u-boot variable.
> > But I don't know how to do this with the EFI second-stage boot loader.
> >

> Isn't boot.cmd in the root of the FAT partition (mounted as /boot)
> for this?
>
> From ${NETBSD_SRC_DIR}/distrib/utils/embedded/conf/armv7.conf
> it seems to be used for this. The default file is
> ${NETBSD_SRC_DIR}/distrib/utils/embedded/files/armv7_boot.cmd
> . But what is the set of commands and variables?

From answers for others, more knowledgeable, it's for Raspberry (to put
everything for every board supported in the release has advantages but
also cons: it's a bit difficult to understand what is used and by who).

Well, Linux has several ways to do it: crafting a special EFI stub to
embed the parameters. And another option that doesn't seem stupid, have
a cmdline.txt file specifiying the boot parameters independantly from
the second boot loader, this file being interpreted directly by the
booting kernel.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/