Re: [1/2 very MD part] Support Raspberry Pi [0-3] in big-endian mode

On 15/11/2020 12:44, Rin Okuyama wrote:
Hi,

I've managed Raspberry Pi [0-3] to work in big-endian mode:

- Zero and 1 in earmv6{,hf}eb
- 2 and 3 in earmv7{,hf}eb
- 3 in aarch64eb

Now, everything except vchiq(4) work without problems.

(1) Data written/read to/from mailbox and dmac should be encoded in
     little-endian.

http://www.netbsd.org/~rin/rpi_eb_md_20201115.patch

LGTM apart from I don't understand why
bcm2835_aux_platform_early_putchar appears

Also, I'd prefer the whitespace / stylistic changes committed separately
where possible.

(2) DMA buffer for vchiq(4) should also be encoded in little-endian.
     However, this require heavy modification to 3rd party sources.
     At the moment, I disabled vchiq(4) for armeb/aarch64eb.

http://www.netbsd.org/~rin/rpi_eb_vchiq_20201115.patch

vchiq should probably die in favour of VC4 DRM etc. Not sure what
happens wrt audio though.

Nick