Re: pinebook status update (20201015)

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 06:39:05AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost (Benny Siegert) writes:
>
> >>  - Audio output: can't switch speaker & headphone out
>
> >I was going to ask about that, since I noticed it as well. I have
> >never seen a device that cannot switch to the headphone out when you
> >plug in headphones. Does this have to be implemented in software?
>

> On old systems that used to be just a mechanical switch. But
> nowadays you have "jack detection" and the outputs are switched
> by software.

I tried to register an unsollicited event with CORB_SET_UNSOLICITED_RESPONSE
with a COP_AWCAP_UNSOL_CAPABLE headphone pin, checking it was set
with CORB_GET_UNSOLICITED_RESPONSE, but then in hdafg_unsol, when I
plugged in the headphone, the event was tagged with a different number,
making it tricky to say "the head phones have been plugged in, swap
streams".

Cheers,

Patrick