Re: Overheating on pinebook pro

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:34, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020, Steve Mynott wrote:
>
> > I just ran firefox on 9.99.64 for a couple of minutes and envstat
> > reported CPU temp of 80.
> >
> > If I try to compile anything via pkgsrc the temp goes above 90 and it
> > just reboots!
>
> That sounds like it might be a hardware issue. Mine definitely runs
> cooler.
>
> Try installing and enabling estd from pkgsrc to get CPU clock speeds
> adapted to load.

I think this may have been due to  my original habit of trying to use
the shipped power adaptor to charge while using the system.

Of two of the "official" power adaptors only one worked and I saw this
issue with the second.

Since using a generic USB-C charger and only charging the system when
not in use I've not seen this (and I'm also running estd).

--
Steve Mynott <steve.mynott%gmail.com@localhost>
cv25519/ECF8B611205B447E091246AF959E3D6197190DD5