Re: Looking for machine-language doc

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 11:16:04PM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> I'm looking for documentation on ARM machine language - loosely put,
> the information I would need to write an assembler, disassembler, or
> emulator.
[...]
> In case it matters, the little I know about the use case at immediate
> hand calls it "ARM922T" and "ARM9TDMI core".

I think (and I'm cc'ing the list in case I'm completely wrong) that this means you
want v4-T of the ARM architecture. However I'm not sure where to find a comprehensive
reference for armv4; just v5, which should be a close superset: this link should get
you a PDF of "ARM DDI 0100I", last updated 2005, which describes the v5 ARM and Thumb
(v5-T) instruction sets.

  https://documentation-service.arm.com/static/5f1060400daa596235e7a60a

It's about 5.5MB.

(ARM versions vs. core names here: