Re: HOWTO: USB boot on 8 GB RPi4 with no SD card

Following up to myself

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:33:27 -0500
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost> wrote:

> I think I've figured out what's wrong, but not how it happened. When I
> try to mount the NetBSD partition on my NetBSD laptop I get "incorrect
> super block"

I downloaded the arm64.img.gz again, gunzipped it (same checksum), and
dd'ed it to my USB memstick again, and I still can't mount it on my
laptop nor on my RaspberryPi 2B, both running NetBSD-9.0_RELEASE.

"mount_ffs: /dev/dk1 on /mnt: incorrect super block"

I can mount the EFI (msdos) partition dk0 no problem. I should be able
to do this, shouldn't I?

I normally have ccd=NO in my rc.conf (I like to keep things simple) but
I've tried both ways (with reboot in between). Is there something else
I'm missing?

--
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost>