Re: genet0 speeds under NetBSD/aarch64 on Rpi4 8 GB using UEFI/ACPI v1.17 firmware

> On Jul 22, 2020, at 6:34 PM, Paul Mather <bsd-lists%gromit.dlib.vt.edu@localhost> wrote:
>
> Am I right in assuming the difference is due to the implementation of genet0 in the UEFI/ACPI firmware? I am guessing the driver implementation under Raspberry Pi OS is better taking advantage of the hardware, including maybe any hardware offload it may provide??
>
> Is there anything obvious I can do to improve network speeds under NetBSD/aarch64?
>
> I am using "ACPI" in my firmware, not "ACPI + devicetree".  Should I be using the latter with NetBSD/aarch64?

The driver for "genet" in NetBSD is a native driver; calls are not being made into UEFI.

Can you provide the output of "ifconfig genet0"?  If I had to guess, I'd assume that RPI Linux has the checksum offload feature enabled by default, while NetBSD does not (on any network driver that supports it).

-- thorpej