Re: RPi4+UEFI/ACPI---how to choose root partition?

Hi Paul --

Get a list of devices with the "dev" command, hopefully the FFS partition on your USB drive is present. Lets call it "hd1a:" for the example below.

On -current you can create a 'boot.cfg' file on the root of the FAT partition with the following contents:

  menu=Boot normally:boot hd1a:netbsd root=wedge:system
  menu=Boot single user:boot hd1a:netbsd root=wedge:system -s
  menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
  timeout=5
  default=1

Take care,