Re: DS1307 on NetBSD 9 RPI2 and RPI3

Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> writes:

[snip]

Thanks...  I still can't get it to work, but the information was
helpful...

I have a overlay with this in it:

/dts-v1/;

/ {
        compatible = "brcm,bcm2835-i2c";

        fragment@0 {
                target-path = "/soc/i2c@7e205000";

                __overlay__ {
                        status = "disabled";
                };
        };

        fragment@1 {
                target-path = "/soc/i2c@7e805000";

                __overlay__ {
                        status = "disabled";
                };
        };

        fragment@2 {
                target-path = "/soc/i2c@7e804000";

                __overlay__ {
                        status = "okay";
                        #address-cells = <0x01>;
                        #size-cells = <0x00>;

                        dsrtc@68 {
                                compatible = "dallas,ds1307";
                                reg = <0x68>;
                        };
                };
        };
};

This does prevent the uninteresting i2c buses from attaching and allows
just the one with the DS1307 on it to be available.  I can see the
device with i2cscan:

/dev/iic0: found device at 0x68
/dev/iic0: 1 devices found

ofctl
00002e30:     /i2c@7e804000
00002f28:       /dsrtc@68

[     1.000003] bsciic0 at simplebus1: Broadcom Serial Controller
[     1.000003] iic0 at bsciic0: I2C bus
[     1.000003] dsrtc at iic0 addr 0x68 not configured

Does not attach...  I know that the kernel has the dsrtc driver compiled
into it.  I also tried the offical RPI2 kernel and it did not work
either, of course, it does not have the dsrtc driver in it and there is
no loadable module at this point for it.

Obviously missing something linking the device probed to the kernel
driver.  Any ideas??

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org