DS1307 on NetBSD 9 RPI2 and RPI3

In the past, I would put the following in a config file and build a
kernel:

dsrtc* at iic2 addr 0x68 flags 1307

The RPI2 would then report it nicely as:

[    1.000000] dsrtc0 at iic2 addr 0x68: DS1307 Real-time Clock/NVRAM

With NetBSD 9.0_STABLE from around March 30th, 2020 it doesn't appear to
probe for the DS chip on the I2C buss.  However, i2cscan finds it well
enough:

# i2cscan /dev/iic2
/dev/iic2: found device at 0x68
/dev/iic2: 1 devices found

The RPI2 was running a system from around the 8.99.18 era and a lot has
changed since then, so it is completely possible that I don't know what
I am doing any more.  I tried updating the dtb files from NetBSD 9.x and
it did not help.

Anyone else have a DS RTC working on a RPI* with NetBSD 9.x or
-current??  Hints??  (Technically there is a RPI2 and a RPI3 involved
with this question, and the RPI3 is using a DS 3231 and it also doesn't
show up..  I suspect the same problem)

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org