Re: SATA interface for NanoPi Neo

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 12:49 PM, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> If it's just a "slave" device, then it should Just Work (tm). However, it's not found by the kernel:
>
> https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=5453
>
> Also, I'm guessing that the RTC should just be an I2C device. Is there an easy way to scan I2C from userland, or do I need a kernel with options I2C_SCAN?

99% sure you will need to do a device tree overlay for this board.  I had to do something similar for the OrangePi Zero NAS.  See sys/arch/arm/dts/overlays/sunxi-h3-h5-orangepi-zero-nas.dts

You'd then need to enable the overlay in /etc/efiboot.plist:

net-helper:thorpej 2$ cat /etc/efiboot.plist
<plist>
<dict>
        <key>device-tree-overlays</key>
        <array>
                <string>/stand/evbarm/dtb/sunxi-h3-h5-orangepi-zero-nas.dtbo</string>
        </array>
</dict>
</plist>
net-helper:thorpej 3$

Note that nothing is installing these by default yet -- there's a desire to move the efiboot.plist and overlay into the FAT boot file system, and I haven't had a chance to change the code to do that yet.

You will probably need to determine which USB port the bottom headers are connected to and enable that one, and then also add the correct RTC device as a child of the correct i2c bus.  I can help you with this offline if you like.

-- thorpej