Re: devel/nss is broken on aarch64 (toolchain problem, help needed)

Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>devel/nss is broken when compiling aarch64 crypto accel files.
>(aarch64-gcm.c and aes-armv8.c)
>
>There are some mystery errors like these from as(1):
>
>Error: selected processor does not support `aesimc v0.16b,v0.16b'
>Error: selected processor does not support `pmull v6.1q,v0.1d,v20.1d'
>
>But the required compiler flag (-march=armv8-a+crypto) is definitely
>passed. Is this a problem of too old GCC and/or binutils?
>I thought to use devel/binutils/override-as.mk but it seems pkgsrc
>binutils is also broken on aarch64 so need to fix that first.

I had tried different combinations of flags and still got errors, the
gcc side looked fine to me.

What version of binutils is in pkgsrc ?

I was hoping that the binutils update that is in progress might help
with this, we would still need to do something for NetBSD-9 though.

I also have a patch that I was about to commit that adds detection of
support for these instructions on NetBSD. Without the patch, nss
wouldn't call the code that is failing to build.