Re: Help booting NetBSD 9.0 on RPI2-1.2

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:49:17AM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:

> > Are you saying you're running aarch64 on Rev 1.1? I thought you had to have
> > Rev 1.2 to run a 64-bit system. I'm running earmv7hf on my Raspberry Pi 2
> > Model B Rev 1.1. I haven't tried aarch64.
>
> No. I'm running earmv7hf
>
> I didn't notice anything about aarch64 in the initial message.
>
> Looking more carefully, I see a 64 rather than a 7:
> > - download arm64.img.gz [1]
>
> But that was followed by:
> >  I've also tried the same process with armv7, with the same result.

No surprise in either of these - OP later clarified that he was
actually not trying this on an RPI 2 v 1.2 (in that case those two
should have worked), but on an RPI *1* v 1.2, and only earmv6hf runs
there (e.g., rpi.img).

earmv7hf needs at least an RPI 2 (original model, I think the board
says "v 1.1"), and aarch64 needs at least an RPI 2 v1.2.

I find the naming of the RPI 2 v1.2 a bit confusing - it's a BCM 2837
and more like an RPI 3 with RPI 2 components (e.g., no Bluetooth/Wifi).

  Harold