Re: raspberry pi HOWTO questions

Hi,

On Tue, 2020-01-07 at 10:11 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I have just updated the HOWTO at
>
>   https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi
>
> to note that aarch64 support is available from -9 onwards.
>
> I have a few questions, and will update the HOWTO if anyone can
> answer
> them confidently:
>
>   Does one need to do anything extra on a 0 or 0W?  (There is a
> notion
>   of extra fdt files, but I am guessing that as of -9, it just
> works.)

Regarding the built-in wifi, in current I believe you don't need to
change the fdt, but you do need to rebuild the kernel with "bwfm* at
sdmmc?" in the config, and you need to grab the correct firmware
(differs slightly between different Pi models) and put it in
/libdata/firmware/if_bwfm/.

I am pretty sure it won't work on 9 even if you rebuild, as it seems
the key bits of if_bwfm_sdio.c didn't make it in time (from a quick
look at CVS).

Wifi works out of the box on my 0W using ebijun's pre-built images, as
it incorporates all the above changes (see
https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/blob/master/RPI/RPIimage/Image/README#L19
 )

With regards,

Luke