Re: Orange Pi Lite Installation Woes

Thanks! Trying netbsd-9 did the trick; I now have it booted up.?
One problem: I can only interact with the device over USB TTY. adr, do you have video output working? If so, how did you do it? Do you have networking working to ssh over the network? End goal is a headless install and access it over the network.

It uses the framebuffer set by u-boot, so you must connect a
monitor before powering up the computer. Virtual console and X will
work out of the box.  I recommend you to change /etc/ttys to add
some more virtulal consoles:

  ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         wsvt25  on secure

There is no driver for the wifi, use a supported wireless or ethernet
usb adapter.  I've had trouble with wifi usb. Please tell me if
you find something stable for this arch.

For ethernet, this works ok:

  https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32375602221.html
port 1 addr 2: high speed, power 100 mA, config 1, USB 10/100 LAN(0x8152), Realtek(0x0bda), rev 20.00(0x2000), serial 00E04C36016E

Avoid anything with DM9601.

I'll CC this to the list, there is nothing private in this conversation
and other people can benefit (or not) of it.

Have fun,
adr.