Re: installboot(8) changes for installing u-boot directly to SPI flash (or other raw flash devices)

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 4:51 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> Running
> installboot -o media=spi /dev/spiflash0
> failed because it tries to use /dev/rspiflash0 but spiflash doens't have a
> character device.
>
> We could special-case spiflash in installboot but, after thinking about it,
> it seems better to fix getdiskrawname() to return NULL if the character
> device doesn't exists. The attached patch does this.

Hm, I'm happy to commit this patch to getdiskrawname() (and a corresponding change for getdiskcookedname()), but I guess the bigger question is: Why doesn't spiflash have a corresponding character device?

-- thorpej