Re: netbooting ROCKPRo64?

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 07:32:31 -0500
"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 01:34:48PM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone have this working? I'm stuck at this point.
> > The same bootaa64.efi and fdt work when loaded from SD card ...
>
> Haven't yet figured out how to do it w/ bootaa64.efi here.
>

> I've been using the non-UEFI route, via `run bootcmd_pxe`, with a pxelinux config as follows:
>
> label NetBSD
>         menu label netboot RockPro64
>         kernel rockpro64.img
>         fdt rk3399-rockpro64.dtb
>         append -v root=awge0
>
> timeout 5000
>
> default NetBSD

Hi,

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Meanwhile however ...
I found a workaround of sorts for EFI boot. For mystery reasons it
works if I load in a garbage binary file from the SD card after
fetching bootaa64.efi from tftp. I wonder what side effect loading
something from SD could possibly have?

The problem with that is that the whole reason I'm doing this is to be
able to get rid of the SD card.

This works:

setenv autoload no
dhcp
tftp ${kernel_addr_r} bootaa64.efi
tftp ${fdt_addr_r} dtb/rockchip/rk3399-rockpro64.dtb
load mmc 1:1 0x04000000 /garbage.bin
fdt addr ${fdt_addr_r}
setenv bootfile tftp:netbsd
bootefi ${kernel_addr_r} ${fdt_addr_r}

This drops me in the "NetBSD/evbarm EFI Boot (aarch64)" prompt and I
can get it to ask for DHCP, but the source MAC is 00:00:00:00:00:00
so there's more breakage.

Hm, actually I think I will try my luck with SPI + USB boot instead.

-Tobias