Re: uSD related: default rc.conf and fstab

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 01:44:29PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:45:43PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> > > AFAIK this will write to the disk only if an update is needed, so only
> > > if something else changed in the system.
> > >

> > in /etc/weekly, it forces the rewrite from scratch ("-f" flag).
>
> So it's in weekly.conf that is has to be disabled.

You are right. If I don't want at all the mandb, I need to set:

/etc/rc.conf: makemandb=NO
/etc/daily.conf: run_makemandb=NO # because if not existing, it builds
/etc/weekly.conf: rebuild_mandb=NO # because it forces rebuild

(and the question goes probably as well for rebuild_locatedb too).
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/