Olimex a20-lime2: of course, it works!

I'm only an user and I'm only a tester. So it's just a report about a
success I have no merit in...

With current for the NetBSD sources and current for pkgsrc, with the
u-boot-a20-olinuxino-lime2 added by Jason Thorpe and updated by Manuel
Bouyer, and all the work done by the developers, the Olimex a20 Lime2
is supported without problem.

From my limited playing with it:

- It is best to have a battery connected---whether the DC connector is
loose (the board is small, the USB connectors are near the power
connector and I have big fingers) or adding some
USB device powered via USB draws too much, but I experienced spurious
reboots rendering the uSD corrupted.  (The batteries are sold by Olimex,
and they are unexpensive);

- There is a case sold for the board. Solid but I have some minus points:
there is a green led on the board that is lighted when u-boot is launched, helping
to "see" that the board is indeed running, but the case covers it. The
buttons, needed to start the board, specially when a battery is
connected are not very easily accessible when using the case and, with
the case, the reset or wake-up buttons do not respond well.

All in all, it seems a correct basis for the function I have in mind : a
remote incremental back-up system, with a hard disk whether directly
connected---by a e-sata to sata cable since there is a sata connector; the
board can power only a 2.5" HD so I will use a e-sata powering itself the disk
---or I will connect by USB (I will test speeds).

In case of disaster, this secondary back-up could be brought back and in
emergency be then a server of the data the time to fix the primary servers.
So it needs to have a full OS.

Thank you to all the developers for the great work!
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/