Re: Any good ARM based hardware for NetBSD fileserver

I have been playing with the Banana Pi BPI-R1.  It has an AllWinner H3 with the built-in emac and ahci.  I am using it with a 2.5” SATA SSD.  I haven’t done much with it so far, and I’m traveling at the moment, but I will follow up when I’m back home (about a week from now).

I got mine from AliExpress, and it looks like there are European vendors that resell it.

Really any of the AllWinner SoCs with the built-in ahci would probably work pretty well for your application, and NetBSD supports them quite well.

-- thorpej
Sent from my iPhone.