Re: Read-only FS, switch-off safety for raspberry pi

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:38:38PM -0600, Swift Griggs wrote:
> Sure. That's how optical media works. It's read-only but uses RAM disks for
> the read/write stuff. Look at the way NetBSD live-CDs have been created and
> do the same thing.

Thanks.

So I presume /var would be a ramdisk and root will be remounted ro or
something like that?

I guess live-CD methods would require using build.sh, which is time taking
on pi. Is it possible to achieve the read-only mode by configuring a
standard installation image?

Mayuresh