Re: panic on boot with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B v1.2 and Model B+

> On Mar 1, 2019, at 6:23 PM, Rob Newberry <robthedude%mac.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>>> On Mar 1, 2019, at 4:10 PM, Rob Newberry <robthedude%mac.com@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> Decided to give aarch64 a try (I’d been using the earmv7hf 32-bit version).  Tried on both my Pi 3s (a B/1.2 and a B+).  Don’t have any other Pi’s available right now.
>>
>> You're hitting a popular and recent bug that I think may be fixed?
>
> Do you know when?  I think I updated my code yesterday (but from GitHub, so maybe a day's delay…)

bcm2835_intr.c:

----------------------------
revision 1.19
date: 2019-03-01 14:53:12 +0000;  author: skrll;  state: Exp;  lines: +126 -23;
 commitid: TKkFJZyJUKjCLFdB;
Handle processor private interrupts better and add support for the PMU
interrupt.

Thanks to jmcneill for review and suggestions.

...I think is probably what takes care of that particular problem.  Nick can probably confirm, but in the diff the assertion that you tripped over has been removed :-)

> Assuming the fix is in the “dts” files, I took a peek at cvsweb, and they didn’t seem updated since then…but maybe the fix is elsewhere.

The fix was in code... the problem was triggered by a change in the device tree, I think.

>> In any case, you can avoid the problem by getting rid of the pmu entry in the device tree, I believe…
>
> I’ve got to brush up on this aspect of NetBSD — it’s new from when I was using it several years ago.  I took a quick peek at the dts files and it was alishglt more effort than I was ready for right now.

Fair enough :-). In any case, if you update your tree to include the fixed interrupt handler I mention above, I think you'll be OK.

-- thorpej