Re: CURRENT broken on Raspberry Pi 2?

herbert%gojira.at@localhost ("Herbert J. Skuhra") writes:

>Current from today works if I disable makphy* in RPI config. The
>daily evbarm-earmv7hf snapshot from nycdn.netbsd.org (e.g:
>201902240830Z) panics.

It has nothing to do with makphy. This just changes memory usage
slightly.

The reason is that the cache of the primary CPU is invalidated
somewhere so that the pointer to the undefined instruction handler
never makes it to memory. The next time you hit an undefined
instruction you get a panic.

A crude workaround is to flush the cache to memory after installing
the undefined instruction handler, but that obviously doesn't fix
the bug.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost