Re: Help with Xfce4 on Pinebook

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 12:50:42PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> I haven't used X11 in practically forever, so saying that I'm a bit rusty on this would be the understatement of the year...
>
> With no ~/.xinitrc, basic "startx" seems to do the right thing.  When I use "startxfce4", some stuff seems to work, but it looks like the session manager is crashing:

xfce is special and in no sense typical for X11. Nowadays, it needs
some magic to start. even more than the newfangled stuff used by
gnome and friends.

startxfce4 should do that, but I didn't manage to get it to work
after the round of updates one or two years ago, and moved my two
xfce4 users to jwm instead.

	-is