Re: Serial UART on RPi3

Did you remember to remove enable_uart=1 from /boot/config.txt as well?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018, Dustin Marquess wrote:

[ Resending in plain text, sorry about that ]

Sorry if this is already documented somewhere.  I didn't see anything
obvious on http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/ and my
searching didn't find an answer either.

I have an Uputronics GPS "HAT" on my RPi3 running a GENERIC64 build of 8.99.28.

I got gpiopps and everything working, the last piece is the actual
NMEA/U-Blox data feed.  I believe I have two particular problems:

1) I can't seem to figure out how to get the kernel to use the
HDMI/wsdisplay/wscons as the system console instead of com0.  I've
tried tinkering with /etc/ttys & /etc/wscons.conf and nothing.
/boot/cmdline.txt already has "console=fb".

2) I have a feeling that the system is using the default of mapping
GPIO 14/15 to the BCM AUX UART instead of the ARM PL011 UART.  Since
overlays don't seem to work, do I need to modify
/boot/bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb to accomplish this? I'm assuming so.  If so,
that part I've done before.

Thanks!
-Dustin