Re: Pinebook: possible backlight issue

On Nov 30, 2018, at 11:54 AM, Lex Wennmacher <lex.wennmacher%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

I haven't yet got NetBSD running on my pinebook.

Here's what I did: I wrote Jared's image (I tried different versions)
to SD card and booted from that. I can tell that the kernel gets loaded
and run as I can see the keyboard leds flash and there's a cracking noise
after a certain time when the sound chip gets probed. But I don't get
any console messages or other output on the screen. No Pinebook cone, no
logo, rien, nothing, nada. As even in darkness no glow can be seen from
the display, I think that the backlight remains off during the entire boot
sequence.

I had exactly the same problem until I did the sequence described here while booted in Linux:

I have no idea if it was coincidental or not, but the display came to life after that when boating NetBSD from the SD card.

-- thorpej