Re: kernel loading

On 10/11/2018 19:45, Robert Swindells wrote:

How is loading and running of a 32-bit kernel by u-boot expected to
work ?

I have copied std.generic and mk.generic to use with fdt zynq sources.

The kernel_noload flag to mkubootimage(1) looks to make u-boot execute
the kernel in place. What address should I load netbsd.ub at ?

your uboot "should" have a kernel_addr_r and a fdt_addr_r variable for where it'll load the kernel and FDT. The kernel should be aligned to a least L1_S_SIZE (10x00100000). I guess your old u-boot doesn't.

http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/netbsd-src/sys/arch/arm/include/arm32/pte.h#100

The netbsd.ub is loaded at the aligned address with the header and the code is straight after the header, ie. at an offset of 64 bytes.

I think I'm hitting the panic in arm_bad_vtopdiff in armv6_start.S.

I get "off  :0x3dfac484" on the serial console before this.

Yeah, that's not good.

Nick