Re: using SSD on RPI3 - strategy question

Thanks to everyone for explaining.  It seems that given that USB booting
is not on by default (plain 3), and unavailable on 1/2, I will head to
booting from uSD and entire system on USB.

I updated the howto to include this information.

Is anyone successfully booting from USB without a uSD card?  Were you
able to program the USB bootmode bit under NetBSD?  At this point it
seems like if so that's news.