Re: Jetson TK1 issues, 8.0 and -current

On 9/24/18 2:35 AM, Nick Hudson wrote:

On 24/09/18 04:21, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
Trying to get my Jetson TK1 into a more-usable state;  it was running a 7.99.23 kernel with 7.0 userland relatively well, but not being one to leave well enough alone, I decided to upgrade to 8.0, figuring that would be, you know, better.  :)

There have been reports of netbsd-8 being unstable on tk1

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2018/07/27/msg004967.html

I did suggest bisecting in private.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for this problem if/when I get 8 running; if I hit anything similar, perhaps I can add some bisecting assistance.

My keyboard works OK if I plug directly into the one on-board USB port, but I kinda like using a hub.  :)

xhcidebug/uhubdebug is probably required here :(

OK, I will see about this later in the week; one thing I noticed which may/may not be directly related: the kernel seems to try using the hub *before* loading the firmware file - if I have the hub plugged in at boot, I still get the timeouts and it never actually loads the firmware.  Let me know if there's any specific action I should take with respect to this; otherwise, I'll just get a debug kernel up later in the week and see what I can see.

[   1.0000630] tegradrm0 at simplebus0
[   1.0000630] kern info: [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013). [   1.0000630] kern info: [drm] No driver support for vblank timestamp query.

I've fixed this, I think.

Great; I'll try a newer -current kernel here as well.

Thanks for the response!

+j