Re: ODROID-C2

On Fri, 1 Jun 2018, Robert Swindells wrote:

Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
Super cool! Can you move this over to the GENERIC64 kernel config? We have
enough kernels as it is..

The kernel config was copied from GENERIC64, so I can merge them
back later.

I've got an ODROID-C1 (used to do the original port) and can help with
that when you are ready. It would be helpful if both the existing (s805)
and new (s905) code can coexist in the tree for the time being to give me
time to switch things over..

How do you suggest getting them to coexist ? It would be a bit of a
waste to have to create a copy of the amlogic directory then delete
it later.

That's what I did with sunxi. It took me a while to get everything sorted over, and gave me the opportunity/excuse to clean up some crusty old code in the process.

I had hoped that the bootloader would have initialized the hardware
enough to make one or two drivers work but that doesn't seem to
be the case.

Please no! You really want to use the FDT to do that..

Any thoughts on how to break down the drivers for gpio and clocks
for amlogic ? Is any one of the other SoC groups a better example
than the others ?

For clocks it really comes down to the SoC family and your preference...

By gpio you mean pinctrl and gpio together? I haven't looked at the meson binding spec.. the sunxi code is an example of "everything in one driver" and the rockchip code I am working on now uses a "separate pinctrl and gpio" model.

It's hard to say without knowing a lot about the hardware, so use your judgement :)