Re: Non-bootstrapping Go, COMPAT options

In article <20180111.234339.1337957993283560813.oshimaya%yagoto-urayama.jp@localhost>,
Yasushi Oshima  <oshima-ya%yagoto-urayama.jp@localhost> wrote:
>Sat, 06 Jan 2018 20:34:54 +0900 (JST)
>I wrote:
>
>> I'll try more tomorrow or after if I have time...
>
>There are two logs when building go1.9.2
>First, NetBSD 8.0_BETA/netbsd-8's kernel at 2017.10.24 before pullup
>ticket #326,
>
>https://gist.github.com/oshimaya/00c3d5e17b7b17ce5e78bc2b46680bc9#file-armv6_go1-9-2_build_fail-log
>
>This shows the error,
>go/src/math/pow10.go:22:78: internal compiler error: ovf in Mpflt Float64
>
>However, this problem will somtimes occur, sometimes not occur.
>
>Second, after pullup #326:
>
>https://gist.github.com/oshimaya/00c3d5e17b7b17ce5e78bc2b46680bc9#file-armv6_go1-9-2_build_panic_20171024-log
>
>During compiling math/big,
>Kernel panic by assertion in src/sys/arch/arm/vfp/vfp_init.c#523
>
>This promblem sometimes occurs and somtimes not occurs, too.
>
>I met this problem only with earmv6(RPI), never with earmv7(RPI2).
>
>And more, in newer kernel(ex. 20180108 for netbsd-8),
>another problem appears,
>During to build go1.9.2, sometimes a kernel hangup occurs.
>I have not examined anything about this yet.

Yes, for me it does not hang up, but it livelocks all the time.
I.e. I can get into the debugger, but none of the userland processes
make progress. This is on a shark.

christos