Re: Orange pi one questions

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017, Dave Tyson wrote:

  Since the green led is connected to a different gpio register I
  wonder if this has not had the mode programmed. I seem to remember
  seeing a post about adding a bit of code to u-boot to set the
  register into the correct mode.

The r_pio controller in the dt refers to a clock node that we don't have a driver for. Clocks are probably not turned on for the GPIO controller as a result. We'll need to add support for the allwinner,sun8i-h3-r-ccu device.

  armv7# gpioctl gpio0
  /dev/gpio0: 0 pins
  armv7# gpioctl gpio1
  /dev/gpio1: 0 pins

  Is this because the code is incomplete?

Pins are not exposed to userland by default, you need to enable them in /etc/gpio.conf. A real pain IMHO.

I currently connect via a serial port (or network). I have a vga monitor
attached via a HDMi dongle, but nothing appears on the screen. I have
tried a few mods to the u-boot config to no avail - has anyone got video
working?

I think latest U-Boot from pkgsrc + latest dtb from the SUNXI kernel build is supposed to work. It is entirely reliant on U-Boot setting up the display at this point, so YMMV. Not sure about HDMI to VGA adapters.