Re: NetBSD/evbarm on qemu

He'll also need the vexpress kernel? Does it build that by default? (Why isn't it present in the releasedir then?)

On Jun 10, 2017 19:15, "Nick Hudson" <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On 06/10/17 14:31, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
On June 2, Jared McNeill wrote:
I've made some improvements to the VEXPRESS_A15 kernel over the past few
days that makes it somewhat usable under qemu.
Thank you!

If you want to try it:

   - Build the VEXPRESS_A15 kernel (netbsd.ub) from a -current source tree.
   - Install the sysutils/dtb-arm-vexpress package from pkgsrc and grab a
     copy of vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dtb from /usr/pkg/share/dtb/arm.
   - Grab a copy of armv7.img.gz from a build and uncompress it.
How do I produce such a build?  I tried "build.sh -m evbarm release"
(that's not the complete build command, but the gist of it), but there
was no file called armv7.img.gz in the results.

./build.sh -m evbearmv7hf-el release

is best here

Nick