Status of RPi 3 (b) ?

I just picked up an RPI3. I guess I should have waited. A few congenitally systemd-infected distros work on it, but not much else. FreeBSD was a notable exception. It seems to work, but I managed to hork up the SD card jacking around with ZFS before I could test X11 and other stuff. No big deal.

However, before I start over, how about NetBSD? When I tried to boot the gzimg on the SD card it just came up with what looked like a multicolor test pattern, but no boot etc... That was just a quick and dirty test. I could have been doing any number of things wrong. For one, I wasn't using -current.

My real question is: Does NetBSD work well enough on the RPi3 to make it worth trying ? Also, could one of the anointed ones update the RPI wiki for the RPi3 ? There is only a brief mention of the RPi3 in the firmware section (nothing that helpful) and another user in the comment section is seeing the exact same thing as me.

-Swift