Re: Checking temperature on BananaPi

Scott.Burns%SeQent.Com@localhost said:
> Board temps or ambient temps?
> See TEMPerHUM.

I have a TEMPer2.  It's a USB thumb drive blob with audio jack on the end and
a meter long cable with a probe on one end and audio plug on the other.

It's a HID device rather than the traditional TTY.

The code I pulled from github works on Linux.
          url = https://github.com/peterfarsinsen/pcsensor

Assuming it would be easy, I gave it a try on NetBSD.
It needs libusb.  So I installed the libusb package.  That puts stuff in
/usr/pkg/xxx rather than /usr/xxx  Is there a simple way to tell the
compiler/linker to look there too?  I didn't know how to do that, so I just
added a few symbolic links.

That got me this far:

cc -DUNIT_TEST -o pcsensor pcsensor.c -lusb
/var/tmp//ccHMBywD.o: In function `usb_detach':
pcsensor.c:(.text+0x53): undefined reference to `usb_detach_kernel_driver_np'
*** Error code 1

I could probably comment out that stuff, but I decided it was time to give up
and type this in.  The rest of the stuff is there so it's close.

Does anybody have TEMPer gear working on NetBSD?  If so, is there a HOWTO or
such?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.