Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and USB?

john%ziaspace.com@localhost (John Klos) writes:

>> Here this happened almost always with more recent versions of the
>> firmware.
>>
>> I'm now using version 1458053248 and use "dtparam=audio=on" in config.txt,
>> and the problem seems to be gone.

>Google comes up with nothing even close for "1458053248". From where can I
>get this? I see a place like this:

>https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/commits/master/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb

This one seems to be more 'official'.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware

>But I have no idea from where official firmware comes from, or where it's
>stored...

Whatever 'official' is. There are regular updates but no releases. The
next best 'release' seems to be what is delivered with the OS images
like Raspbian.

dtparam=audio=on  seems to be necessary to power the relevant parts of
the chip. The firmware has at least 3 methods for how to be asked
from the running kernel, we use the oldest one. Linux doesn't (anymore?).

Our kernel also attaches a driver to the I2C0 interface which is
off limits on rpi3. The driver prevents it (among other things) from
controlling the power manager, i.e. undervoltage claims and
minimum clock speed.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost