Re: Freescale i.MX7 support added

Pe 17 mai 2016 11:19 a.m., "Ryo Shimizu" <ryo%nerv.org@localhost> a scris:

> And now, i.MX7Dual processor has two Cortex-A7 cores and one Cortex-M4 core.
> An M4 core is slower than A7, and more importantly, it has no MMU.
> I don't know how/what to use M4 core on netbsd.

Usually the idea behind putting an M4 on Freescale's hybrid architectures is to be able to connect a complex application to an automotive grade bus such as CAN or LIN workout risking interference on the safety critical bus from the more complex application.

I would say the ideal use is to put a bare metal application on the M4 to drive any GPIOs,  PWMs, sensors and similar stuff.

The M4 binary could be loaded on demand from the FS on the application side, provided the M4 core can be stopped without killing the application cores.

> Does anyone have a nice idea/framework?  or for blinking LED? ;-)

Arduino compatible framework?

Eddy