Re: Pi 3 HDMI mode problems

Yes, I've exchanged a few emails with DeRaadt.  Things were in their
infancy back then, the Pi hadn't been out that long, I'm not real
surprised that FreeBSD wasn't perfect.  I don't think they supported
the Pi's camera then (which I think was more expensive than the Pi
itself) so that was another reason I went back to Raspbian.

Many times when I've looked into things like network card driver
source code in OpenBSD I find a NetBSD copyright.  I think I've
downloaded NetBSD 3 times over the years then didn't have spare
hardware to try it on.  But SD cards are like swappable hard drives,
much more flexible.

So back to trying to work around this.  I gather NetBSD uses
ifconfig.interfacename files like OpenBSD uses hostname.interfacename
files.  The hostname.em0 for my ethernet card looks like:
inet 192.168.0.7 255.255.255.0

I seem to be able to mount NetBSD's partition on the SD with the SD in
a USB reader plugged into my OpenBSD laptop.  If I could make an
ifconfig.interfacename file then I could bring the Pi up in NetBSD and
ssh to it.  I can't read what the standard name of the Pi's ethernet
interface is though.  Could somebody clue me in?