Re: gpio manipulation on rasp pi

Hi Marina.

> On 13 Feb 2016, at 05:39, Marina Brown <marina%e271.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> If anyone can give some pointers on manipulating gpio pins in netbsd i
> would be very appreciative. I have had no luck with gpioctl. Here is my
> session so far.
>
> bash-4.3# gpioctl gpio0 25 set out pp
> gpioctl: GPIOSET: Operation not permitted

Please read the gpioctl(8) man page thoroughly, especially the information about how securelevel impacts the ability to manipulate pins after boot.

The correct solution is to prepare /etc/gpio.conf file as explained in gpio.conf(5). Then you can use gpioctl after boot to change the state of individual lines.

Best regards,
Radoslaw