Re: mk.conf for crosscompiling pkgsrc

> On 8/02/2016, at 8:51 AM, Marina Brown <marina%e271.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Are there any example mk.conf for cross compiling pkgsrc stuff for
> raspberry PI 1 out there ?

In general, pkgsrc can’t be cross compiled. This is because there are no rules governing how a package might need to be built. NetBSD’s source on the other hand has clear rules about how it is built, which is why it can be cross compiled.

The nearest you can get is to use distcc to distribute C compiler jobs to systems that are much faster than the Raspberry Pi. The idea is that you use distcc as your pkgsrc C compiler on the Raspberry Pi and distcc takes care of passing work items that can be cross compiled to an x86 system that will cross compile it. I’m afraid that it has been quite some time since I even looked at distcc, so I can’t give you any better instructions off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Lloyd