Full sets of binary packages for 7.0, earmv6hf/earmv7hf

The official announcement of the cluster for building binary packages for ARM platforms is still a few weeks off, but I'm happy to say that a full set (~14,000 binary packages each) are available for NetBSD 7.0 for the earmv6hf and earmv7hf architectures. (earmv6hf is good for the original raspberry pi, earmv7hf is good for most other recent boards, from Beaglebone to ODROID-C1 and Raspberry Pi 2)

Once the set for earm is available in a few days or weeks, most modern arm boards will be covered. We'll be announcing the build cluster (which is sponsored by the NetBSD Foundation) at that time.

The binary packages are available at:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv6hf/7.0/All
and
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/7.0/All

The intention going forward is that, if you're using pkgin to manage your binary packages, you should be able to set the repository to:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$(uname -p)/$(uname -r|cut -f 1-2 -d .| cut -f 1 -d _)/All

...and get the appropriate binary packages for your OS. We're not quite there yet, but that's the goal.

Enjoy,
+j